Roberto Guarino, as known as Guaro, passionate about music and in love with it, first as a musician, then as a composer, arranger, producer, and then as all of the above. Winner of 2 Tenco Awards in 2004 for “Best song “ and “Album of the year”, 2 Golden discs, 1 Platinum record, Amnesty International Award in 2006, nomination for the Nastro D’argento in 2001 for Best Original Song with “Chiedimi se sono felice” and various other awards. Soundtrack for the movie “Chiedimi se sono felice” by Aldo, Giovanni and Giacomo, blockbuster in 2001. In love with Jazz, a genre that grew me up, and to which, after a long depart, I came back to, just like a son goes back to his mother: now it is my store of oxygen in a Martian atmosphere.
In love with beautiful things, collector and compulsive guitar player and Pro Tools user. Husband, father, and gourmet, and I hope an estimated professional. I hope you are glad to be landed on my website. I take pride on the collaborations I was involved with and that enriched myself as human and as a professional.
As of today I collaborated with names such as:
Lucio Dalla, Stadio, Luca Carboni, Fabio Concato, Mogol, Sergio Cammariere, Mariella Nava, Andrea Morricone, Mango, Gigi Finizio, Samuele Bersani, Renato Zero, Gatto Panceri, Michele Zarrillo.
But the journey goes on…
My recording studio
Recording, pre and post production, mix, Mastering and DDP
– Computer APPLE modello iMac i5 quad core 2,8 Ghz, 8 Gb di ram, hard disk SSD e sistema operativo 10.15.3.
– Software Pro Tools Ultimate 2019-12 HDX, converters Digidesign 192 with 16 outputs and APOGEE Rosetta with 2 outputs
– Totalizer mixer with 16 channels SOLID STATE LOGIC X-DESK paired with a SOLID STATE LOGIC X-RACK module that is paired with SSL XR 626 module G bus compressor module belonged to the legendary SSL serie 4.000.
– The voice is being recorded through a NEUMANN U 87 microphone and a SSL XR 627 preamp of the 9000 Solid State Logic series
– ADAM A5X audio monitors and 1 ADAM 12" sub woofer.
– A lot of effects are equipped on Pro Tools for the mixing (MILLENNIA, LEXICON LX 480 just to name a few) but also for the Mastering (for example the whole series of the very famous WEISS)
– WAVELAB PRO 9.5 is used to create the DDP.